The Church of God in Trumann, AR was organized around 1918 by Bro. Pinckley. It was in 1933 that the little building that the original congregation had occupied burned. While a natural fire had destroyed their meeting house, a “Holy Fire” was aflame in their souls that gave those precious saints a greater determination to press on in their evangelistic labors in the community. The church relocated to Paschal St. and utilized a building there for many years.
Although the building itself could not compare to many of the other church buildings in town at that time, it did not hinder old fashioned Holy Ghost outpourings of the Spirit upon that congregation, nor did it seem to keep those who were hungry for a blessing from God to enter that little church house. Some of our senior saints whom we are privileged to still have with us today, have testified of many memorable services in that former building on Paschal St. That little flock located on Paschal St. continued to grow not only spiritually, but numerically as others sought to walk in the Light of God’s Word and believe and practice It’s teachings.